Friday, December 26, 2008

So, what are you good at?

Some things come naturally to people, doesn't it? One guy may be good at baking cakes or painting. Some may be good at singing and strumming the guitar. Some may be good at sports. It is my belief that every single person can do something without actually being taught formally- He may be able to understand the "dynamics of the process", if you will- and actually do it properly the first time 'round.

I dunno about the others, but rowing comes naturally to me. I seriously don't know how I managed to actually row the first time. It happened in Austria- I can't actually recall where this happened (the location in Austria, that is- I am not contradicting myself here). My dad, my brother and I decided to try out rowing (Dad did actually- we were his compulsory passengers). After a few tries, my dad was not able to figure out the rowing boat, much to the amusement of the onlookers (a crowd had actually built up seeing the tamasha). I told dad," You know what 'pa... I'll give it a try!". So he left me to it, and wonder upon wonders, it worked and I could row. For people who cannot row, rowing is counter-intuitive because we cannot actually look in the direction of motion. I saw the shape of the paddles (oars, actually), was seated the right way 'round, and it worked. It may have been beginner's luck, if there is such a thing, but the fact that I could row was confirmed when I went to Koddaikanal. It was absolutely brilliant. And more over rowing is fun! I want to try out kayaking next, as there are lots of places in South East Asia where I can actually learn to kayak!! :D :D :D

Now that would be fun!! And hopefully, it comes naturally to me!!

No comments: