Saturday, October 18, 2008

Long hours + Is it for real? + moving to Lakseide

Well, the week has passed and with the first of two CA's actually taking place on Monday, I have a fair bit to do. What do I call this week- did it mean anything to me? Did I do anything significant? The answer to both those questions is a big, emphatic "NO"! So what am I actually writing about- I don't have a bloody clue! I have started to read a bit( my lessons have finally caught up with me- or is it the other way around. Make my mind up for me, will u?) and consider the following lines as the ramblings of a sleep deprived fool, with gallons of coffee by his side and with caffeine coursing through his veins.

This is the first time, in Singapore that I have actually picked up a book, sorry I forgot, we have slides here not books; so a correction on that issue- I have read the slides and notes for the first time and tried to make light of it. It is not to say that I have only read for the entire week- I have also watched two matrix movies, one documentary about Genghis Khan on YouTube, downloaded the award winning documentary series, " The Nazis - A warning from history", and have actively followed the "merking" of a chap on the football forum. But since Thursday, I have slept a grand total of four hours actually; and most of my time, since then, has been spent on what I might encounter on the CA, which I will be having on Monday( not to mention there is one more on Wednesday). I am not going to say that I am the only one having troubles with work- loads of people have more trouble than me( a gazillion times more than me), but it is the first time since my twelfth that I have actually cared so much for an internal test. So let me calculate the number of hours I have slept since waking up at seven in the morning on Thursday. Three hours of sleep the next night( Thursday-->Friday) and then half an hour or forty five minutes the next day i.e. last night i.e Friday-->Saturday. That makes a grand total of three hours and forty five minutes- meaning i have been awake for 49 hours your and forty minutes over the past fifty or so odd hours( do the maths yourselves- I am exhausted).All that time hasn't gone to waste- my "airhead" brain has some stuffing in it now, and I feel a lot more confident now about not only facing the CA, but also the exams. So cheers to me, kudos or whatever to me as well.

I decided to do my bit for the medical community by donating my blood- Everything went as it should have( apart from me losing some blood pressure, which was rectified quickly), and I was astonished at what I could take home, for giving a little bit of blood. I took home a stress ball, or a "squeezy" as I prefer to call it, a pen and a set of iron tablets, to replenish your "stocks". In India, you would be sent home with a bag of food and that's about it. No medicine or whatever. Now, what I want to say is that I just thought that once I donate blood, all connection between me and the Red Cross( they are the ones who get the blood) would be severed until the next time I donate blood. But lo and behold, I received a phone call from them two days later, asking me if I was okay and if I feel good. Now that astonished me, really it did; maybe coz it is so unexpected or so- but generally I thought that after I do my donation, I would have no contact with them until I go to them the next time( sorry for the deja vu). So that is a bit weird, them actually calling me. I mean, are these guys for real? Do they really care that much? Hmmmm... :S

I reckon I have done enough ranting and raving- my mind seems a bit more "drunk" than usual- I still have some work left and until then, I can't really relax. This sleepless and a bit more stressful life will probably end by the middle of next week or so- which means I can extend my "number of hours awake" counter by a bit more. I also have a bit of packing to do- I'll be moving tomorrow to Lakeside, and it means that my travelling time and costs will be slashed by almost a half. The rent too is rather low- I mean, S$ 200 is absolutely great, innit?

No comments: