Thursday, October 16, 2008

Speed of light +exams+ I am the fourth, yes!

It seems really weird that everything has been moving at the speed of light- time,classes and the irrepressible Singaporean folk( not to mention their pets as well). There are probably only two classes of beings that seem to have bucked this trend. The first class are aliens who travel through space and time using wormholes to visit each and every corner of the universe at various points in the past or future, probably performing scientific experiments on unwitting americans(who may or may not exist; it depends when the aliens visit 'em, eh?) during their leisure time. The second class may consist entirely of me(if anyone shares my sentiments of being left behind by everyone, please let me know, I'll add another element to this unity set, by which it becomes a countable set). Unlike the aliens, I am not pushing forth the boundaries of time or something like that. The only thing that I would be challenging is for the title of "Best impersonation of a Sponge 2008" and that is not a very good thing.

My exams are beginning soon, so I reckon that I must kick-start the engine, and begin to fill my completely drained brain, drained of information that is and not of anything else, with information provided to me in the form of pdf files on a website. Let me tell you, that learning things from a computer is probably the weirdest thing I have ever done- I mean I am so used to books and paper, and all these "electronicky" thingies seem to be right out of a "Back to the Future" movie. What is more is that my eyes start watering at the screen, once I start scanning the notes- once again not good, even when I use the liquid that is supposed to relax my eyes, or something and use antireflection lenses. So much for a liquid that cost me a hundred rupees and doesn't do its job properly >:( . **Shakes fist at manufacturers and mouths some really foul language, that for my family's sake, I can't write down**

So I reckon, I must lift my backside off the creaky sofa and start trying other novel methods of trying to get information into my head. I used to sleep with my notes under my pillow, in hope that information somehow trickled into my brain, while I was asleep. I reckon now I have to sleep with my laptop under my pillow in order to do well in the exams.. Here's to my new experiment.

And before anyone says anything, I am the fourth Narayan in the family( I exclude my Gramps from this list), and hence the name, moi name, Rex "Narayan the Fourth". All bow down to me!

No comments: