Sunday, October 19, 2008

CA + A little sport..

For all the b********g hours I have put in, it still seems that I am a bit afraid of what may come up for the test tomorrow. This is the first time in four years that I believe I have studied so much and put in an effort worthy of notion. The feeling is a bit odd- alright, I confess, it's down right alien to me. I have always been a bit of a cool cat when it comes to actually writing any exam( sorry about the lack of modesty, but it is the truth), and it set me thinking- does the crowd around you influence the way you perceive a given situation? It seems really odd that within the space of a few short months, I can change from a happy go lucky chap to someone who is in severe angst about the next test. I mean the people I had around me during my undergrads couldn't actually care less about anything, let alone exams. For them, a steamy Namitha dance scene in a masala movie, at the local theatre, would make their day. Here, everyone have the "oh-I-am-so-scared-about-the-test-so-I-better-read-for-it" syndrome. Everything revolves around marks. But I reckon I have finished my rant and hoping for the best **fingers crossed and kneeling in front of God, praying**

So, onto other things now- Cricket first- India have Australia on the ropes. It certainly makes for a welcome change; I mean, the Aussies are all so full of themselves, always you know, with their "rough and tough" attitude, that it makes for a good chuckle when they have their "nethers" being twisted in a vice. India's bowlers were wonderful on a pitch that offered little help- though the old ball did reverse a bit, and there was a bit of spin- it wasn't riddled with potholes(which are a stereotypical of subcontinental pitches) or something. Actually Watson and Lee were able to show that the pitch itself held no "demons" and batted resolutely to actually help Australia pass a score of two hundred. Then the Indian openers went about at a merry four plus runs an over to put India in the box seat. I certainly can't see Australia winning this test, but India have a mighty good chance. And a hearty congratulations to Amit Mishra for bowling exceedingly well and bagging five Aussie scalps!

I was really gutted when I couldn't see the Arsenal match yesterday- it is the one thing I miss most after coming to Singapore. The cable connections are so expensive, I can't afford them at all- so this means I have to resort to illegal streams or those online commentaries. Moreover when I do manage to get hold of an Arsenal match, they invariably end up losing it, or salvaging a point from the match. If you want to know how many Arsenal matches I have seen here, just glance at the draws and losses column for the Gunners in the table. But I am rather relieved that they were able to win against Everton, who are also having a rather bad time tbf, 3-1 after going behind. I saw the goals and though they were not classic Arsenal goals, they were, maybe more significant in nature.

No comments: