Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Dark Side....

I am sure every single one of us experiences anger or hate in some form or the other, at some points in our lives. It is something that, I believe, is quite natural, for a person to experience. Some people end up using this anger/ repressed anger in the wrong way- bashing up a few guys, murdering some poor old chap who happens to stray in the "angry" person's path. But I feel anger is a fantastic feeling to have- If we can channelise this anger properly, and nurture it, it becomes a powerful feeling. I don't mind admitting it, I like being in control. I don't mind giving in sometimes, to a few people, but I should have a say in any matter or conversation I am involved in. Anger is always painted by society to be one of the "roots" of evil. I say it can be used as the root to the top. I do not know whether this hypothesis is correct or not, but it is an opinion that I form on gut instinct, more than anything else.

Let us have a look at the cons of anger. Point one, it can run out of control. An angry person may run amok in the streets and cause quite a bit of damage. It may cause the person to be irrational. It may blind reason. I use might quite often because I believe that anger is not all that "evil" a feeling. Getting back to the cons, there is a serious danger that anger may unscrew a few important components in the brain.

Now I don't mind admitting it, I do like Star Wars, and like the Senator Palpatine (Darth Siddius to the Star Wars nerds), we can use anger to focus on things that we really need (That doesn't mean we can save people from imminent death and all that). We can use the feeling of being wronged, use the repressed anger and amplify it to the nth degree using really hard music (At least, that's what I do- this song for example "drowning pool's Bodies"), and then use this amplified "negative" energy to sit down and actually do some work. I am a naturally competitive guy, I like to be on top of things. I cannot pass up a challenge, but it must tickle my sense of what is important. Anger turns out to be a useful ally in many things. It helps you focus and it helps you remember. If things go according to plan, then this anger will have manifested itself into something good. If they do not, then I have some more fuel to further my anger and go about the next thing at hand. It makes for an achiever, does anger.That is what I have experienced so far, in my admittedly short life, which is 22 years.

But one more thing before I sign off- I am not always "angry". It usually has to be work related. One must always have a level head- yes anger is good, but we need to control it- the dark side helps, but only when in our power. Anger is good but tempering it with something cheerful always helps.

No comments: