Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Way back when... The Time Machine..

I always think about all the weird things that I did when I was a kid( It's a fantastic "pass-time" while being in the bus!). They are always so fun and they always make you think, "Wow! Did I actually do that?!!", coz now, I can say with some certainty, that whatever we did then will seem rather unpalatable or downright dumb and stupid. I have done quite a lot of weird things and I'll start off one by one. I will maintain, however that these are not chronological in order ;) .

1) The time machine

This was around grade 5. My friends and I were very interested in how to go back in time and maybe see some dinosaurs and catch some awesome monsters and maybe also discover something new and weird, something so fanciful that we would be awarded the Nobel prize for it or get a "gazillion" (whatever that number is) dollars( and yes,this was before the time of the euro) for it. So we all got together and decided that we will create a machine that will take us there. As usual Dmitri( A Russian kid who is a year younger to me) and I decided to talk about the finer aspects of the "engine" that will take us back/ propel us to the past. Our design made use of a uranium core, which by some mechanism, we would rotate very quickly. Uranium being radioactive( a very mysterious and special material with very weird properties) would open some sort of time vortex in space( a bit like in the cartoons) and then we would have to propel our craft, which was being designed by three other members to have super "cool" lasers. These were the main defensive weapons of the craft and there was little doubt(in fact it was unanimous, bar one girl. Girls can have different ideas on what to do with lasers, like addling a T.Rex's brains so that it becomes Pansy Rex) that we needed them to blow any mega monsters' brains out if they tried to eat us! This took us the entire afternoon to figure out and we were very proud of our craft.

We christened it something but, I forget what!! :D
Pity it never was realised!! It was a really fine craft ;)


P.S. To any girls, I am not a sexist. It was just how I thought girls thought about stuff, then!

No comments: